Pooya Banking Accounts Management System
Relying on more than 32 years of experience in software development and deploying the latest tools and methods of information technology, we designed and developed a state-of-the-art banking system called “Pooya Banking Accounts Management System”. Using this central system, banks can provide their customers with various types of deposit account services, with fast and easy access from all parts of the country and the world.
In addition to the common services expected from a bank account management software system, this system provides banks with lots of extra features that help them cope with the economic evolution pace, gain customer satisfaction, and perform regulations mandated by the Central Bank or other authorities that always emphasize on deadlines.
The important role of software system in banking account services management
In today’s banking market, every bank’s competitive advantage is the capability of offering diverse services to customers (real persons or legal entities), in an appropriate time frame (Time to market). The main goal of this competition is absorbing more deposit resources and making more profit for banks. Planning for the absorption of new resources and providing customers with appropriate services needs a comprehensive software system that can handle the required informational, operational and managerial processes.
Absorbing resources and processing different types of deposit accounts which mainly include; current accounts, saving accounts, and short term and long term deposit accounts, play an essential role in providing banking services. Therefore choosing the right system for the management and operation of these accounts is also very vital and sensitive to banks. The following are some factors that need to be taken in to account. Inadequate attention to any of these factors might cause serious consequences and deadlocks.
- There is numerous banking transactions generated every day. Many of These transactions are applied to deposit accounts via banking cards, the internet, mobile, telephone, checks, and other means of payment.
- The banking services and options that a system offers to customers must be comprehensive.
- The Central bank and other relevant legal entities frequently issue new rules and regulations, banks must be able to promptly adapt to.
- In the challenging and frequently altering economical situation, the top managements of banks must make decisions that are mostly related to deposit management. To support these decisions, banks must be able to launch new products and services or modify the existing ones in the shortest possible period of time.
- All services of the Pooya Banking Accounts Management System are customer oriented and the Customer Information File (CIF) is an important module of the system.
- All the services of the system including those offered at branches, the head office and via
e-banking operations are based on a single set of customer information.
Integration in Processes
- Most of the banking processes are complex. They consist of several interconnected activities that need to be integrated. Integration in processes is one of the main features of the Pooya system.
- A common set of services is developed and utilized by all business processes in the system.
- A common set of services is developed and utilized by all interfaces with other systems.
Integration in Information
- All information acquired from bank channels is stored centrally.
- Users placed in independent sections or different geographical areas, perform business procedures alike.
- Basic and common information items will be defined and managed centrally.
Parametric Design and Ease of Modification
- The basic information that sets up the system and its structure is parametric.
- Definitions related to users’ roles and their level of access to the system are parametric.
- Definitions related to products – such as account profiles – are parametric.
- Variables related to issuing financial documents are also defined as parametric.
- Definitions related to limits such as the maximum amount of withdrawals and settlements as well as coefficients, fees and likewise are parametric.
Supporting E-Banking Processes
- The system supports all types of e-banking transaction, at different levels, such as transactions transmitted via the internet, banking cards, POSes and Teller channels.
- Designed process-based and integrated, the system is able to rapidly perform new e-banking processes which is considered as a competitive advantage amongst banks these days.
Designed to Support Branch Banking from Small to Large Scales
- Supports all common branch-banking services.
- Suitable for small to very large banks; i.e. with more than 2,000 branches, 10,000 concurrent users and the average of 6 million daily transactions.
- Protects the independency of all bank units (branches and headquarters), while keeping its structure centralized.
Centralized and Web-Based
- Ability to open and start up new branches even in outrange areas fast and conveniently with minimum hardware, software and engineering resources.
- Ability to authorize remote access to information by managers using their electronic gadgets.
- Ease of maintenance, support and implementing requested modifications due to the centralized architecture of the system.
- Lower costs for banking services.
- Low cost of branches services administration (administrated centrally from head office)
- Lower costs for support and maintenance software application (performed centrally)
Multi Layer Architecture and Using Edge of Technology Development Environments
- Separation of layers, enables assigning appropriate hardware resources to each layer and balances system performance
- Ability to design and develop required security issues for each layer according to the bank`s Integrated Security Management System (ISMS)
- Planning appropriate back up procedures for each layer.
- Providing appropriate high availability and fault tolerance features for each layer according to its sensitivity and load.
Pooya accounts management comprehensive system
According to the features of Pooya Banking Accounts Management System, the system can quickly be customized and implemented in banks based on their requirements. The bank requests for new services and modifications receive a fast response as well.
As a result, bank top management with thanks to IT department could move to new markets because the system is responsive and agile. The features and advantages of Pooya Banking Accounts Management System will attract new customers meaning more financial resources and income for the bank. The system provides many other advantages which some of them are mentioned bellows:
Related to the customers
- Agilityinproviding new services
- Customers notification via SMS or even e-mail
- Providing customers with integrated services
- Providing customer with the desired security and policy to its account
- Providing instant banking card issuance and print in branch offices
- Customer satisfaction because of quality and diversity of the bank services
- Attracting new customers and more financial resources
- Providing customers with requested service in every branch (Any Branching)
Related to the branches
- Users satisfaction because of the system friendliness and ease of use
- Granting users different levels of access to protect them
- Light & fast end of day operations
- More speed and reliability inend of year operations
- Providing each branch with its own balance sheet
Related to the bank management
- Providing bank management with on-line status of bank financial resources supporting for decisions
- Preparing managerial and periodical comparative reports
- providing daily, weekly, monthly and annually balance sheet as well as bank profit /lose report
- Protecting bank resources from invisible abuses.
- Statistical daily reports on number of accounts and their balances per branch
- Ability to monitor and internal audit of all branches through head / supervisory offices
- Provision of a proper infrastructure in order to compete in banking industry
Related to information technology management
- Integrated management of customer and account information
- Operational in banks supporting more than 500 transactions per second
- Back end services of Internet banking in different levels
- Ease of expansion of point of service and banking services as well as ease of maintenance
- Operational in banks, processing high number of transactions up to 6 million per day
- Processing withdrawal transactions coming from acquiring banks and networks via ATM and POS with least possible mistakes
- Access Management
Controlling user access to systems has always been one of the most important security issues in banks. Pooya Banking Accounts Management System has deployed a variety of features and facilities in this regard such as:
- Using standard protocols in banking industry for financial transfers
- Controlling user accesses to system and tracing their operations
- Utilizing digital signature in interface services
- Registering user IP in order to control user operations
- Informationmodification control in order to prevent intrusion
- Central Process Management
Central offices processes are major part of banking industry activities. Centralized controlling and management of banking operations in order to achieve management objectives is also one of the central offices operations. In this regard we have provided:
- Central management of basic definitions, controls and limitations for branch services and central offices services
- Registration of specific central operations such as transferring, batch group deposit, interest calculations and deposit, and so on.
- Management of controlling processes
- Batch Processing Management
Batch group processes which are performed centrally form an important part of banking services. Some of the features we have provided in this regard are as follows:
- Batch group deposit according to an input file
- Batch withdrawal, Batch transfer, Batch settlement
- Batch block/unblock , Batch account opening
- CIF (Customer Information File)
As customers (real person legal entities) are the main asset of each bank, it is necessary to maintain customer information perfectly. That’s why, Pooya Banking Accounts Management System is developed as a customer oriented system and the CIF is designed very rich. The main goal of centralizing customer information is to facilitate accessing such information and tracing all services provided for a certain customer. Some of the features we have provided in this regard are as follows:
- Managing CIF centrally in order to be used not only in all Pooya Banking Accounts Management System modules but also in any other banking system that could connect to it.
- Ability to connect to governmental systems for validating the critical data items of CIF such as “National No.” or send & receive files in batch in this regard.
- Ability to send/receive on-line inquiries about customers with bank internal or external systems, such as “Central bank database”.
- Ability to report all loans, payments and debts of any particular customer.
- Ability to provide diversity of reports about relationship between bank and particular customers.
- Ability to provide reports about desired set of data items of the CIF as well as modifications applied to them.
- Direct communication of all anti money laundry (AML) systems and controls of bank with CIF.
- Check and Money Transfer Management
The Check and money transfer Management module, is designed to facilitate registration, control and following of all requests for bank internal drafts and interbank’s drafts. In this regard we provide the followings:
- All requirements and controls for issuing and printing banking checks
- Blocking and unblocking a check, recording and documenting unpaid check and clear the record after payment and so on.
- Accepting and managing requests for all types of internal and interbank’s drafts, regulated or periodic stand in payments, installment payment and automatic payment of pre ordered drafts in their due dates.
- Accepting and managing requests for payment of immediate or future drafts
- Providing reports about situation of internal and interbank’s drafts
- Providing Internet services for ordering and following up ordered drafts.
- Branch Cash Management
Cash management in branches is one of the most important challenges in retail banking. The Branch Cash Managementmodule offers proper facilities to apply exact management and control on cash turn over. This module also monitors and controls cash volume in branch according to bank predefined rules.
- Card Management
Banking cards are main tools for connecting to an account for making different types of transaction such as purchase or cash withdrawal. So, an eligible system is expected to support all requirements relevant to card issuance. The system is doing well in this regard and provides a plenty of services such as:
- Issuing all kinds of banking cards
- Supporting instant card and PIN issue
- Card transactions management
- Assigning accounts to cards
- Card renewal, missed or stolen cards
- Interface Services Repository
Communicating with other systems in order to share a process or data exchange is mainly done through services. There are more than 30 services developed using standard protocols and satisfying security requirements for this issue. Some of these services are as follows:
- Deposit and withdrawal services
- Account opening services
- Card issuing services
- Fund transfer services
- Purchase services
- Payment services
- Banking Products Management
Banking products & services are considered as a major part of the bank’s resources and assets.
Pioneer banks develop a wide variety of plans, products and services for attracting customers and collect more deposits and make profit. Pooya Banking Accounts Management System has proven strong flexibility in defining new banking products and deposits. Some of deposits that can be defined are as below:
- Types of long term deposits
- Types of short term deposits, specific short term deposits
- Types of waiting deposits
- Types of deposits which has been featured by an escalator profitrate dependent to deposit amount or deposit time
- No profit saving accounts along with draw (prize) mechanisms
- Types of current accounts such as governmental, personal and corporate accounts
- Accounting and General Ledger (GL)
As accounting is too much important in banks, Accounting and General Ledger module features a comprehensive design. It is a major module in Pooya Banking Accounts Management System and facilitates definition and modification of financial procedures in bank operations. It includes:
- Ability to define unique or several chart of accounts each for a division with rich structure such as 3 levels for analytic grouping.
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly and annual balance sheet along with issuing vouchers related to profits/losses for the bank.
- Ability to specify beginning / end dates for an account for accepting transactions, so the account would be inactive out of its validity range.
- Issuing vouchers automatically where required within the system procedures
- Ability to input issued vouchers manually
- Ability to issue vouchers automatically on the basis of information sent from the other sections of the organization
- Providing voucher issuing service for the other systems
- Ability to define voucher models and use the appropriate model for each activity
- Using of voucher models for issuing vouchers either automatically or manually
- Controlling accounts for negative balance on the basis of their characteristics and preventing final approval of the vouchers when negative balance is not allowed
- Providing versatile reports in different periods, considering real balances in the beginning of each period
- Ability to book keeping for two consecutive financial years concurrently
- Supporting inter branch account(center account) and managing in/out vouchers issued by branches
- Reconciliation between booked accounts and banking statements
- Providing financial statement of the bank and other standard reports.
- Pooya EFT Switch
As most of the customer transactions are electronic came via bank payment channels such as ATM, POS, internet, mobile, …, and payment switch is at the center of all of them, it is required for this switch to be well designed and elaborated in order to provide adequate functionalities and shows acceptable performance.
Pooya EFT Switch which is used in some banks as a standalone module, meets all requirements. Some of the features are as follows:
- Very good response time and performance
- Monitoring payment terminals
- Intelligent management of transactions
- Supporting standards such as ISO8583 and NDC to communicate with payment channels
- Banks proprietary messaging protocols will be supported
- National switch interface
- HSM, Host and other bank`s system interface
- Supporting TCP/IP and X25
- Multi host support
The technologies we have adopted for design and development of software are the latest ones which are currently utilized by the word level companies, pioneered in the software field.
Pooya has formed several teams of expert and experienced business analysts, SW architects, DB designer and programmers. Each team provides a customer with required services such as software development, technical support, training, consultancy and other engineering services. Some of the information technology features and their results are as follows:
- Using “Rational Unified Process” (RUP) methodology for design and development
- Considering service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Using Workflow Engine, Rule Engine and Service Repository
- Multilingual and multi currency design
- Ability to be accessed via a portal along with Single Sign on feature
- Having infrastructural features such as Clustering, Load balancing and Failover
- Ease of connection with the other bank systems such as Card Payment System
- Accessibility via Internet, Mobile, Phone, PDA and …
Security is a main issue in POOYA Banking Accounts Management System. Deploying diversity of security techniques, guarantees secure data transfer within network and system. In this regard we have provided the followings:
- Defining different groups of users and specifying their authorized tasks and access levels. Then controlling their accesses to the system resources.
- No access to the data or applications on the user client and requesting for permission when accessing is required.
- No direct accessibility to the system database for applications on the user client.
- Encryption of messages in different layers by using standards associated to each layer. In network layer, SSL and digital signature can be used.
- In addition, accessing to the information in transferring path would be impossible. Supporting different encryption algorithms such as PKI, Triple-DES … when transmitting data (for protocols such as FTP and HTTP).
- Prevention against SQL Injection, using OR-Mapper (with no need to write SQL in lots of programs) and defining required parameters as Bind Variable in particular types.
- Prevention of Internet thefts and abuse that can be made by authorized and non authorized users by controlling mechanisms designed in user access management subsystem such as user authorized operations list, applying limitations to user IP, valid time for accessing the system.
- Logging the date and time and user ID for each modification applied to data.